Thursday, April 28, 2011

School Days

This week was Grandparents and Special Friends Day at the elementary school. Since Emilyn and I are friends, I got invited. There are some pretty cool things going on in second grade. I wish I could have some time set aside to make an Indian village or to read up in the loft or swing on the monkey bars.
It was special this year because Emilyn has Miss K as her teacher. Miss K., as in my friend, Emily. She does so many great projects with her cherubs.
Emilyn isn't dishing out her usual BiG smile as she has no teeth.
And frankly, Emilyn is not a school lover. I learned that when she went to K and then to first grade, she only likes the Art because it's the best of the worst...
in school.
I do think she likes the social part though, just not the assignments.
I get that.
Thanks for inviting me, Emilyn. I loved reading the book you wrote, very funny stuff. :)
Hang in there kiddo, you only have 10 years of school and college to finish!

1 comment:

Holly said...

If she only knew how great it is now!!!
Glad you had fun, "grandma"!!