Friday, April 22, 2011

Rockin' the Walls

Since the Snapsister that is my sister took our family pics on Camano Island I have been wanting to make some canvas prints. It was easy, once I had the right size canvas and prints. I painted the canvas edges black.
Called in Melinda and Emily (She just took the trip of a lifetime to Eygpt and Israel and every time I see her I have to yell, "Jesus is in Waikiki too" or she gets all holier than thou with me) for some help and a large paper cutter. We trimmed the pics, used mod podge (an old 70's favorite) and attached the pics to the 11 X 14 canvas.
Then they talked to me about arrangement and I was sent out to purchase a shelf. We talked vinyl but I decided against it.
Not many pics because the girls were in their after church Sunday afternoon slumpadink clothes.
I thought they looked great, bed head from their naps and all.

Tadah! The glass jar is being filled with heart rocks.
My guys have a long history of bringing me heart shaped rocks and of hitting rocks out to sea on Camano Island with their Dad. Thus the ROCK theme.


A fun and easy project made even more fun with Mel and Em!
Thanks girls ;)

8 comments:

Emily said...

"This one time, as I was sitting on top of Mt. Sinai, I was thinking about my good friend, Tami, in Waikiki..."

Lol! Love the post! Love the finished project! Love you!

P.S. I stopped by after school yesterday to drop a lil' somethin' somethin' off for ya, but you were out galavanting around town. :-)

Les Hon said...

Like much, very much!!

Do you 3 hire out?

Kelly said...

Did Emily and Melinda have a dress code to adhere to?

berrymama said...

Impressive!!

Melinda said...

They look awesome - we were happy to help. Inexpensive home decor rocks!

Saralee said...

What a great project! Looks awesome! You have inspired me!

Holly said...

Love this!!! You are so inspiring, and fast!!!

:) said...

Looks Great Tami!! So funny, my girls have been collecting heart rocks for me since they were little also and putting in a jar. Ally now likes to look for the giant ones that have to sit on a shelf all by them selves . . .youngest child! :)