- We had our Christmas party with my family last night. Grandma still gets the teens and twenties to sing Christmas carols with her before opening gifts. I'm not sure if bribery or threats are actually used but they sing for their gifts every year.
Sam had Levi's name and gave him a camo Snuggie. There were pics on the box of a guy fishing while wearing his camo Snuggie. Levi was pretty stinkin' excited to try it out.
Last year the kids thought Grandma got a Snuggie. It was a bathrobe.
Do you know of anyone that has a Snuggie?
Or anyone that has a Snuggie on their list this year?
The kids are really into finding the right gift for their draw name and then presenting the gift.
They have grown up into a thoughtful bunch.
Gone are the years of cute little kids jumping around in their new pajamas, the party has changed as they grew up but Grandma still gets them to sing, the menu is a constant and the love of family is the best at Christmastime.
The biggest laugh last night... Grandma cut the price off the corner of all the itunes gift cards.
"Uhmmm, Grandma, I am going to figure out how much you spent on this gift card."
5 comments:
We have a grab bag with Scott's family for the adults. Last year there was a snuggie and Tanner wanted it so bad that I ended up with it for him. So yes, we have a snuggie...
Yes, and someday (soon) our kids will be laughing at the things we do when we're "old"! Great memories - alas, the kids program still remains at the Korthuis Klan get together too!
WE always have a theme gift exchange. Last year my son-in-law said, "I don't care what the theme is, all I want is a Snuggie". That was easy - our theme was COMFORT and Tim got his Snuggie. My husband got one for his bday this year. They're great.
Gert (Ad's Iowa niece)
That is SOO funny about cutting the price off the I-Tunes card! Classic!
Then grandma said...levi I don't even know what an iTune is! Lol!
Post a Comment