It is on tolo night that I am reminded, I never had a girl.
No girl babies here.
Just. Boys.
The bling, the hair, THE dress, the shoes, oh my goodness, the shoes!
The makeup, the flowers, the pretty nails,
I lost out on all of it.
Gorgeous, I tell you!
Take the shoes for instance, uhm, black guy shoes, Max's signature vans vs. the heels with ruffles, bows and bling. No contest. Girls win the shoe category.
It was such a nice group of kids, they looked gorgeous and I could just tell they would have a lot of fun because they weren't nervous or weird, just good friends.
Jesse looked very handsome. Love that kiddo! And I've missed him. Jesse is banned from our house until January. Because as much as I love Jesse, he has one teeny tiny flaw. Jesse can't keep his hands off my eddie bauer snow globe collection. And if he breaks one, I can't be responsible for my actions... or reaction! So, all in all it's just safer for Jesse not to come over during the Christmas season. I'll miss the little guy but January will be here before we know it and then he can come back.
A handsome group of guys but really a black pants and shirt do not make for very exciting shopping. A dress would be fun to shop for, shoes to try on, searching for the right jewelry.
I did miss out not having a girl...
Instead I got some smart guy saluting me after I gave the usual litany of orders,
Mind your manners.
Treat her like the princess, she is.
Help her with doors etc. she has on high shoes, walk slowly.
Don't drink the punch.
Be responsible.
Be a thinker. Doreen asked me one time when my guys were little if maybe when I said , BE A THINKER!, if my guys didn't maybe hear, BE A STINKER!
Drive carefully.
Be polite.
Come home on time.
Make good choices.
Go to the restaurant, the dance, to the after party, to Kassie's and directly HoMe!
Don't drink the punch! It bears repeating.
Oh, and have fun honey... I love you...
1 comment:
Thanks for sharing-I miss those fun, memorable events!! Now I know why Grandma DV like to show up on those evenings...most dresses are still in the closet here..oh-the memories!
Post a Comment