Last evening Hubby and I went with friends on a tour of the Randy Bachman home. When BTO was rockin' out in the seventies, Randy built a home in Lynden and lived there with his wife and seven kids. It has had different owners and uses through the years but now is owned by the Clay family. They graciously offered tours for a fund raiser for two year old Wesley.
He needs a service dog due to illness.
No photos were allowed, except with Santa at the end of the tour.
We had a great time taking the bus and touring. The home is stunning. Eleven bathrooms, too many fireplaces to count, kitchens everywhere including a catering kitchen that made me turn green with envy, and beautiful Christmas trees and collections everywhere. Much of the home was just remodeled and they did a fabulous job. Gorgeous!
Hubby loved the onsite recording studio. Nothing had changed in there. Besides BTO, Sammy Hagar, Frank Sinatra and the Beach Boys recorded in that studio. It gave me goosebumps to think of Frank crooning love songs and Sammy rockin' out in Lynden.
Tomorrow I am going on another home tour with friends. We are touring our own homes. I took a few shots of what they'll see at the Stone House, besides dust, dirt and dog hair...
2 comments:
I was just thinking I liked your new hair extentions! I grew up around the corner from that house and played with Randy's kids! Wierd huh?
Dreadlocks for the holidays?? Interesting choice.
Post a Comment