Saturday, November 20, 2010

Where Can I Rest My Eyes?

I don't do well in a mess. Yesterday I spent the entire day in our old bedroom painting trim set up on sawhorses. There were times when I wanted to cry. There was no where to look and rest my eyes. I persevered. All day. All night.

The trim got painted and Hubby put it up last night. Today I will give it a third coat to hide the putty, missed spots and flaws. It was a breakthrough. The trim made the room look like our house. It was looking like a new house and gave me the creeps.
Last night Max wanted to go to Levi's, I used the power I have when he needs permission and had him clear the living room floor of the pile of lumber. He may have just saved my sanity.

This morning I tried to find 10 feet. Done & clean ten feet. I didn't think it would be quite so difficult. There are piles of junk everywhere.
I found five feet in the new bathroom. No, guess not, the grout isn't finished in the shower.
Now {insert heavy sarcasm here} for something different I think I'll paint today.





5 comments:

Les Hon said...

Congrats on getting the trim painted!! Woot! Woot!

I know the feeling of a disordered world...When we moved into our house, I worked like a maniac for a week just trying to find order, any kind of order and completion of something!! Randy kept saying, "Take your time..." but he didn't understand I had no where to rest my eye...Hang in there!!!
And btw I like the details you've shown!! It's gonna be great!!!

shelly said...

"The perfect ten feet" only works when it comes to gardening...one must adjust the phrase for remodeling....I've come to accept "the perfect three feet", looks like you have lots of that going on ;) I see pretty!

Holly said...

I hate that part too...i.e. Ashleigh's room...and she comes home on Tues....ugh...

You're almost done! Hang in there!!! You can do it!!!!

Don't forget you had an open house during that time!!!! Just thought people should know!

Melinda said...

Yeah, I don't do well in a mess either and feel your pain. The sneak peak of the cabinet in the bathroom looks awesome. Can't wait to see more. :)

Janice said...

I think I can, I think I can! You're doing awesome - can't wait to see the final result! BONUS - you will get to decorate your new space for Christmas!! :-)