The past two years I have made a December Daily album. The concept is great, you create your album early on and then take a photo every day in December and then add it as the month goes by. Some scrappers do 1-25, some the entire month, some print pics everyday and literally add them daily. The albums are fun to make and put together.
Some days go by and later I have nothing. No idea what we did that date. But I try to have something everyday that I can journal, some is Christmas and some is everyday stuff.
Christmas is coming. I love Christmas and I love that it comes every year. This year I am a little overwhelmed. A little knee deep in projects and painting. Hubby is reassuring me that he'll help. And he will help, he's just that kind of guy.
But I'm scared.
And then I remember the reason for the season.
The glitter is nice but really...
How should I really be celebrating my Savior's birth?
I don't think He wants to me to go crazy.
Finding perspective is on my list for today...
along with getting groceries, cleaning, decorating, planning December, making museum calls, paying bills, making lists of gifts to buy, organizing the upstairs for everyone to come home.
Perspective... what is important in the grand scheme.
2 comments:
Yes - Yes - Yes!! Last year was my first DD and I didn't do the pages ahead of time. I printed pics and did a few at a time. I finished it in January. But I'm SO glad I have it to take out this year. Last year I took pics every day and had a notebook where I wrote the date, what pic I took to use and any details so I was ready to go when I had time to do a couple pages! I think we're getting together on Tues, the 7th - would love to have you at least stop in!
Whatever you will do will be glorious! When your family looks back they will just love that you took the time to document.
Odd days would be fun...but I'd get confused (that might just be b/c I hit my head though...).
Enjoy the season.
Peace & Joy!
Post a Comment