
Do you? Or don't you? Some of my friends do and some don't. Some of my family don't and some do.
Homemade? Store bought? Picture?
Ten or a hundred?
Include the dog?
THE QUESTION? Christmas cards!
After my guys got older and started leaving home I went to "the Tami way", I send Christmas cards every other year. It's an on year. And since I had all my guys in one place this September and my sister that is a Snapsister offered, we have a family photo.
Shutterfly has some sweet designs. I need to decide if I do a picture card with our three guys only, or the whole family. The pretty poinsettia print design from Shutterfly? Or mod snowflakes? Or the family wall , since I love monograms this is an option.
And then, who goes on the list? People we never see, people we always see? Or should I just send them to those who send to us? Do I send them to all the military and shut ins from our church?
My guys have endured some years of Christmas card photos, matching Christmas sweaters and me begging for a five minute shoot. I take whatever I can get. Looking back, I'd take the pics, get them developed, decide, run back to the drug store to order the card, and all this with babies in the car. Thank goodness for digital photos, a sister photographer, and online ordering.
Now, to make all these decisions... Yikes!
Oh, and on my ON years I have to send early or I get scratched from lists. If I send early, they may have thought about dumping me and then got a card from me on December first and so they keep me on the list. You can hardly dump someone that you just got a card from, can you?
One thing is for certain, I love to get the mail at Christmas! Don't you?
I need to make snap photo books for gifts too. Better get busy.
5 comments:
Isn't it a dilemma??? I LOVE to get photo cards and keep them forever...supposed to go in an album, but.... Anyway, I can't wait to read all the comments to find out what to do!!!!
I picked out the poinsettia one earlier...we have good taste!!!
By the way, I love this picture!! Use that one!!
I love the photo cards that I get from people...we've never sent one because...really...two old farmers and their dog? Naaaa.
Keep the kids in the pic for as long as they're willing ;)
Love Photos, I have started my third "Christmas Card Photo Album". And yes, I knew you were an every other year kind of girl. I plan for it. So excited it is your "on" year. To surround yourself with that many good looking men, You go girl! All five for sure. Can't wait.
Since you have these lovely photos, of course you are doing a card!
I'm having a terrible hard time deciding too! I just can't justify the cost - but after all the miracles God gave us this year - how do you not send cards proclaiming his faithfulness?!?!
Post a Comment