Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Weekend Fun

We had a busy, fun weekend. At home Hubby broke through the window and the wall to connect the addition to the Stone House. He looks really happy here but it was a big job and got worse as he chiseled his way into the opening. Stone and all, you know. I love my wallpaper and wanted to keep it in the room that will now be a sitting room.
Sitting room?
Wha huh?
Maybe we will sit after this project...
Anyway, my wallpaper is the last wallpaper project my Mom and Aunt Clarice did together. The paper is Ralph Lauren and I found it in his nursery and children's wallpaper sample book. I still love it. Hubby was very careful while demolishing and as he removed trim and layers we found the old wallpaper.
Similar design, to the new Ralph Lauren.

While Hubby was demolishing I was driving to Seattle. I met Danny for dinner, best sandwich ever at G's on Old 99, and we had a nice visit. Then off to the football game where we met Aunt Laura. Lyncs lost to Kings.
Max and Aunt Laura had a quick photo taken after the game. When the boys were younger their goal in life was to be taller than Aunt Laura. It was a more reasonable goal than to be taller than their Dad, Uncle Ken or Uncle John. Aunt Laura was always nice about them standing next to her and measuring. The guys still love to make sure they have passed up Auntie Loo. She still is a good sport, even when she is standing in Max's armpit after the game. Sorry, for the poor photo quality but I had to be fast. Max is impatient and poor Laura had to be dying.

Saturday night we went to the farm to carve pumpkins in the party barn. It's one of the guys' favorite nights of the year. This year it was just Max and Braden and since Braden is a senior and college bound it may his last one. Kinda brought a tear to my eye.
We were so busy eating and visiting that we forgot to carve the pumpkins!





A super fun weekend for sure and on Sunday, we rested. Except Max went to the Seattle Sounder's playoff game and Hubby went to work, I rested.

2 comments:

Melinda said...

It's a little freaky how the wallpapers match. You are right on with your decorating scheme in the Stone House. :)

Janice said...

You know the ol sayin' "If mama ain't rested, ain't nobody rested" - at least I think that's how it goes! :-)