Wednesday, November 10, 2010

My Response

Ladies. Ladies. Ladies. About the chair and love seat.
I did jump in front of Cynthia but hey, she should have gotten on it a long time ago. Leslie, I'll give you the name when Cynthia says that I may, and only then. I'm a little scared of Cynthia. She's our church secretary and everyone knows just how much power church secretaries have in their little pinkie. A lot.
Shelly, my friend came right over after I talked to him and just kept saying that he didn't think I would really want to do this job and that he could do it for me. And then the kicker...
The springs need work. I got scared. I asked him how much. He quoted me a price and I knew it would be silly for me to try this project.
I drove straight to the fabric store and ordered the goods. He told me to go with a coupon. I did. The only stipulation was that he told me I couldn't be in a hurry. I agreed. Which is just silly because everyone knows I have no patience. But I can try. The ball is in my court now, I need to strip the wood or paint it.
I think I'll paint it. I've got no patience for stripping furniture.
As for the patience, hey, Rome wasn't built in a day
As soon as I pick it up, I'll tell my friend that Cynthia is next and then Leslie.
Shelly, do you want in?

3 comments:

Les Hon said...

Wait a minute...Did I somehow get involved in upholstery espionage?

Works for me...

shelly said...

Thanks for the offer but I'm singing my little DIY song and fixin' my own springs...mostly because it's on my "I've always wanted to try that" list. Hey...maybe my chair will be done before yours! Yaaa...right ;)

Adam said...

I know the answer, and I'm open to bribery.