Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

Max and Hana just had a big snowball fight, words were said, feeling were hurt, toes were tramped on and then they made up over pie.
Mom and Kathi washing dishes. Why does Thanksgiving dinner have the best food and the most dishes? Sticky, dried on, horrid mountains of dishes but the best dinner, it's cruel.
The teens and the twenties are so much fun! We were so blessed by our kids and their friends at the Thanksgiving table. Whenever I looked at my Dad he was grinning. It seems like just a few years ago we had four high chairs around the table and no one ate dinner uninterrupted. Now it's all about great conversation with some very cool kids.
Hubby worked yesterday, I brought home a plate for him and then we took off in the snow. The two of us put on our snowshoes and had a nice walk in the neighborhood. Then it was off to the hill for a sledding party, I packed up the hot cocoa and cider, we bundled up and had more fun with the kids sledding and snowboarding.
It was too dark to get good pics so I had to leave that up to my Snapsister. The hill is long and I worked off my dinner hiking back up hill. It was worth it because flying down was so much fun!
An attitude of gratitude everyday but especially yesterday surrounded by the peeps I love, delicious food, a meaningful church service, SnOw, safe travels and all the laughs.
{love}

2 comments:

Les Hon said...

Sledding on Thanksgiving is a rare treat! What fun!

And I agree with you about teens and twenty-something kids around the table...Wonderful!

I love Thanksgiving!

Kelly said...

Sounds like the perfect holiday. Looks like a lot of fun!