Friday, November 12, 2010

Santa Needs a Snack Too

The Museum was given some milk bottles. Many, many milk bottles. They were given with the idea that we could sell them. Troy, Jerrie and myself put on our thinking caps and this is what we came up with for Christmas 2010.
Milk and Cookies for Santa Kits!

On Santa's List I would write the children's names and if they were naughty or nice!
I made the samples using scraps I had in the house.
For $3.00 you get the bottle, the recipes, and several poems for Santa's key. We also have old keys for sale for $1.00.
The idea is that you empty the cookie mix into a bowl, mix, bake and refill the bottle with milk. Then on Christmas Eve you leave out the milk and cookies for Santa.
I decorated the bottles shown as samples. We can't wait to see what our crafter friends make with their bottles. Super gift to give to families.
Teachers, we'll make you a deal on large quantities.
Lynden Pioneer Museum Gift Shop Open House
November 18, Thursday, 5-8 p.m.
See you there!

7 comments:

boxcar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
boxcar said...

That is so cool!! Santa would have to fight me for a crack at that snack!!

Anonymous said...

You are so creative - love the idea. See you at the open house! Kathi

Holly said...

These are so great!!! I love the Santa's list one, so if you have extra, please put a couple aside for me. What cute gift ideas!!!

Kelly said...

Such a cute idea...I wish I was crafty. :)

Unknown said...

What an absolutely darling idea! I'd love buy something like that!

Mindy K said...

I will need a few of those. Can we pre order?