Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Easily Distracted


As I fly through my list, prioritize and get real with myself that not everything will get finished before my vacation I realized something else. I may have attention deficient disorder. Don't act all shocked.
I went to Joann's Fabric to get supplies for the Fair FFA dairy barn and found some cute boxes for my scrapbook paper. I bought two, one for solids and one for patterned paper. After setting them aside and looking for supplies to make the FFA decorations I realize I have a mess. So, everything comes off the shelves, I make piles, I drive back to Bellingham for more boxes, I organize and cull through paper, embellishments and stickers, look through all the packets of photos and reminiscence. I eventually end up with a tidy craft cabinet, a shopping bag full of craft supplies for my friend, Miss Emilyn, and no time to make the FFA banner.
Speaking of banners, have any of you made pennant banners? I need some tips to speed up the process. I got a little behind...

6 comments:

Janice said...

Tami - I have a Cricut (so does Kathi) and it would cut out the pennants up to 5 1/2" big. I'd love to help you - or maybe we need a craft night? When do you leave? Or can it be done when you get back? Just a suggestion! Can't wait to get back evenings with the ladies!

Holly said...

You are so funny!!! I can so relate to that!!! Go put the laundry away, hit one room, re-organize a closet, take stuff to the thrift store, buy different stuff, wonder where the rest of my laundry is!! Maybe that's why Brian says, " what did you do all day?" and I'm all upset cuz I worked so hard and he didn't notice!!!

Melinda said...

Must be in the genes. On any given Saturday, I usually have about 5 different things going on at once.....drives my husband crazy.

Les Hon said...

:D I can relate so, so much!

Anonymous said...

Cute boxes. The craft area looks swell:)

michele said...

I have several projects going and am also very easily distracted. And then I have the distractions of my three darling kiddos who want a lot of mom this summer. :)
I missed your give away! I need to visit more often.
I think your craft area is sooo cute and organized!! Way to go!