A summer salad full of fresh ingredients that my sister, Kathi and I learned to make at a community college cooking class. The class topic was everything asparagus. YummY!
Southwestern Style Asparagus & Black Bean Salad
1 lb. roasted asparagus, cooled & cut into 1" pieces, I roast it on my stone at 400 degrees just until it breaks into a sweat.
1 can black beans, drained
1 red pepper, diced
1 c. corn kernels, fresh if available
1/2 c. diced red onion
1 c. grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
Dressing:
1 T. white wine vinegar
2 T. fresh lime juice
1 jalapeno pepper, chopped(yep, the whole pepper, no seeds though)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup cilantro leaves
1/3 cup canola oil
salt & pepper
Combine dressing ingredients in a food processor or magic bullet.
It can be served with tortilla chips.
Or serve with BBQ'd salmon, potatoes, corn on the cob, garlic and onion bread and brownie sundaes for dessert. Trust me, that combo works!
4 comments:
It's 8:45am, my coffee is brewing, and now I am craving your salad...
I think I will be leaving the farm for the grocery store today...
Sorry there was no crab to have with your dinner - the harvest only provided 5 crab and the crew ate them all that night!!
Yummm! The salad was great. Last time I made it was Derek's grad party a few years ago - forgot how good it is.
People it was good!!
Post a Comment