Tuesday, July 6, 2010

2010 4th of July


Hubby and I enjoyed fireworks three nights in a row. Hubby's Dad is a licensed pyro-technician so two of the shoots were his. On the 3rd he had a shoot at Sunland Estates on the Columbia River. The echo off the cliffs makes this one my favorite.

Since we were in George , Washington for the 4th this year we jumped in and took advantage of their celebration. Laura, Marie, Paul and Laura and their girls and myself came early and did the two mile Cherry Bomb Run. Some of us placed and some of us didn't, but we all finished. After the run we went to breakfast at the George Community Hall. At ten the parade started and everyone was in town by then. Brooke rode in the back of a decorated pick up and threw us lots of candy.




Laura and I went home to shower and then returned for the horchata and the el Salvadora treat, pupusas. The pupusas are eaten with a coleslaw called curtido. I would have liked to have taken this grandma home with me.


We spent most of the day in the park catching up with family and friends. Lots of games for the kids, live music and a car show.

I wanted to play BiNgO at the community hall at four o'clock but no one else wanted that experience so we went back to the folks. Hubby's Mom made ribs for dinner and then we watched the George fireworks show.

A good time was had by all. Tomorrow I'll share more about our visit with Max.

3 comments:

shelly said...

I would have gone to play bingo with you...for sure!

jkluginbill said...

Sounds like a fun small, town fourth! :) I can't believe no one would go to Bingo (actually, I CAN believe it but it's crazy...)! I love Bingo!

Mrs. Spencer said...

Sounds like a good time! It was so great chatting with you at the museum today, and be assured that our family also keeps your Sam in our prayers. :)