Max works with Cruz. Cruz and Max have a mutual admiration society going on and it's fun to see them together. Cruz was doing the cutting in, the first round to show Max how to do that and then Max swathes the rest of the field.
Max has farmer jeans. Apparently, his holey Gap jeans were a disgrace in the community to Uncle John's farm, so Aunt Marie took Max into town to get some new duds. Nice!
Hubby and Cruz were chattin' it up, probably talking about what a spud Max is. But they both love him so it's okay. Cruz is a nice guy and is patiently showing Max the ropes. They can't say enough good things about each other.
We said our good byes and hit the road, not far and we ran into a real cattle drive! With real cowboys and a cowMom moving their herd to a different field. I felt like I had stepped into Ree's blog. It brought back great memories of when my folks, Sam and Max and I were driving through Wyoming and got behind cattle and cowboys. That was when Max was obsessed with growing up to be a cowboy and was so excited.
The cowboy on the gator had a hay bale in the back and baited them right a long. The Mom was in the truck and the kids on horseback, as was the Dad who was yelling instructions like no bodies business. It was fun to watch, Kassie and I were just a tad excited about the whole thing.
We hit the interstate and got home by three. We had a good visit with Max. He loves what he is doing and it shows.
4 comments:
Glad you got to see your boy - Kassie too! What a fun trip and fun memories! Love the cow herding - only in George.
So glad The Boy is enjoying The Farm...what a good summer he will have.
And he'll feel rich afterwards too, gratified from all that his hard work wrought.
Hope you're not too lonely...
Boy those pictures bring back memories! Thanks for sharing!
karen kooistra
I think he needs a hat to complete the outfit. Not a new one...something beat up and stained. Yea, that should do it.
glad you all had fun!! I'll think of you whenever I read Ree's blog. Maybe more often than that since I don't read it very often!!
Post a Comment