Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sunday Sticky Buns

Danny and Sam are about to be homesick. Guys love these rolls on a Sunday morning. I do too. They are easy peasy...except for one small detail. The rolls must be assembled the night before and it's difficult to remember on a Saturday night.
I have no photos of making the buns because I didn't think about blogging the recipe until Sunday morning. But it's an easy recipe and I think you can do it.

Spray your bundt pan with Pam or butter it. Toss in 18-22 frozen Rhodes rolls. Sprinkle a small cook and serve package of butterscotch pudding over the rolls. You are going to have to trust me when I tell you there are no substitutes, instant pudding will not work.

In a small saucepan melt one cube of butter, add 1/2 cup brown sugar and 3/4 tsp. cinnamon. Pour this over the rolls and dry pudding. Cover with wax paper(I spray it with Pam) and leave overnight to thaw and rise.

In the morning bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. After baking, turn over on a large serving platter.



I made these for Christmas morning brunch this year. They are a tradition at the Camano Island cabin and random Sunday mornings. One year I forgot to take them to the cabin and Tess was so sad. Her Mom makes them for Christmas and I make them for Memorial Day weekend. I still feel bad when I think of Tess only having sticky buns once that year.

Max's idea of funny.

Max-Why don't women need to wear a watch?
Me- Why?
Max-Ovens have clocks.

And then he does it again...

Max- So, a woman gets hit by a motorcycle, whose fault is it?
Me- the motorcycle.
Max- Why?
Me- I don't know.
Max- The motorcycle, because kitchens don't have roads...

I think he'll have to make his own Sunday Sticky Buns next time.

7 comments:

Katie said...

those look so very yummy!!

Eloise said...

Oh, my, those look fabulous! I bet they smell great when they're cooking too. Thanks for the recipe.

Max definitely needs to be doing some of his own cooking! LOL

jkluginbill said...

YUM! Please don't let my guys see those! :)

I love Max. He is hilarious!

Janice said...

That boy is living dangerously....:-) Love the rolls - they're better the first time so I do my part to help wipe them out!! :-)

Melinda said...

We LOVE these!

Holly said...

Having tasted these personally, I can attest to the fact that they are Fabulous!!!!

That max-i-doodle...he cracks me up!!

Jodi said...

Max does not deserve sticky buns! Bring them to me:)