Wednesday, March 3, 2010

What's for Dinner?


I'm not a menu planner per se but I do like to have a well stocked kitchen and freezer. There should be choices and I like to stock ingredients for our dinners and last minute entertaining. Meal ideas for last minute meals, make ahead meals, easy meals and new recipe meals are usually in the house.

Right now that is not happening. We are in the trenches, digging for our last meal. I am determined to empty the freezer to defrost and clean it.

It's not all bad, tonight I am making my chicken cordon bleu. Please don't drop in, I only have three chicken breasts. Sorry!

The next week or two is looking interesting. Hubby and Max keep checking the freezer to see what is in their future. Obviously, we won't finish all the applesauce and jam in the freezer but everything else must go.

Drop in guests will be fed jam sandwiches, with a side of spinach. To be served with rhubarb punch...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Puff pastry and beef rib-eye....beef wellington? Max would love it!

Katie said...

so does this mean your looking for takers of homemade jam???? ;) Rhubarb Punch, is that really a drink you make? hmmmmmmm, where exactly is the stone house, this is sounding like a tasty lunch!

Have a great Sunny Day!

Shelly said...

You - rhubarb punch
Me - Proseco
spells party
S~

theSNAPsisters said...

You could make green potatoes with the chopped spinach-just throw it on top of boiling potatoes add salt pepper and a ton of butter and enjoy:)

Holly said...

I have a great recipe for cheesy spinach strudel that uses puff pastry!!! You're getting close!
I promise not to drop by. Tyler could, cuz he doesn't eat...except at your house, so maybe not!

Janice said...

I do declare - are those cranberry bliss bars?!?! Maybe I'll have to have a last minute scrap night and you can bring those!!!!