Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Prettiest Blue

-where nothing bad could happen amid that lovely smell of silver and alligator wallets-Holly Golightly

Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote is a well known story. I had the movie and Danny gave me the book for Christmas this year. Holly Golightly's character is glamorous and tragic.

This week I am reading the biography, Summer at Tiffany. Marjorie Hart spent the Summer of '45 in NYC with a college girlfriend. They got summer jobs at Tiffany. A sweet memoir.

I've visited New York City but not Tiffany's NYC store. I'm thinking I need to add that to my list of Things To Do.

6 comments:

shelly said...

Check.

Melinda said...

Remember we're going to NYC to see our cousin Nancy, right?!?

Emily said...

Yes, you should! The doorman alone is worth the visit. I mean, when was the last time a man in a suit opened a door for you at Food Pavillion? Once inside, recover from the immediate SHOCK AND AWE of being in THE Tiffany story and head up to your desired floor and ask to try on ANYTHING you want. Next, remind yourself not to covet thy store's diamond jewelry. That's the hardest part. I still have my pretty blue bag and little box from when my nanny kids surprised me with a Tiffany bracelet. LOVE the blue!! Happy travels! Do you need a tour guide?!? :-)

jkluginbill said...

Breakfast at Tiffany's is one of my favorite books of all times. :)

lovely blue.

Holly said...

Does feeling blue count? Never had a blue box, never been to NY and never seen the movie or read the book. Yes, very, very blue.

Katie said...

I'm laffing at Holly's comment above ;) I haven't seen the movie, I've been to NY, but not the store in NYC. Wouldn't that be fun....be flown there on a private jet and pick out whatever you want from the store!! PINCH...I'm awake ;)