Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Letting Go

Christmas is coming, it's crazy busy, so let's all be flexible. Speaking of flexible I took Miss Emilyn to gymnastics at the YMCA tonight. It's really cute.

I hope I can be flexible this season and just roll with what comes my way.

Hubby and I made a list, we know what we need. I spent some time on Amazon and ordered gifts. We made an executive decision to forego cards this year(Merry Christmas, please don't drop me!), no post-Cantata party, less gifts, no gifts for each other. It is all good just a bit hard for moi to let go. Even though I KnOw that it's all for my own good. Relax, it's all good!

Sam was on the NEWS in San Antonio, Texas. {love that}

3 comments:

Pollywog Pearls said...

Sweet sister. I hear you and want to tell you that it is the same at my house. It's VERY hard for us right brained to let it go. Christ was still born, we are still his children, he loves us no less and we are preserving our families. So, I will drag out what I feel like putting out, feed the multitudes and enjoy buying what I am buying. And, I think no cards for me either this year. Thank you friend for making me feel not so alone in that decision.

jkluginbill said...

It is all good! :) I was just talking to someone about the season and about how we try to make it a low-key time of year (you know Troy tries to leave the house as little as possible). We even talked to Archer about cutting back on presents and craziness and he is all for it (just don't cut out the ham and he's good to go).

Enjoy the season (and I may just keep you on my card list...we'll see...haha).

Janice said...

This is my "on" year for cards and we decided to let it go. Also, no gifts for Randy and I and no gifts exchanges with friends - I love gift giving (okay and receiving) so it's a hard one for me too - but hey - we've got heat and food, and that IS a gift!!