Saturday, December 5, 2009

Okay Oklahoma

We're home. Home sweet home, dirty home with mountains of laundry home but nonetheless, home. Hubby and I had a great time. We had not flown without boys since Max was in diapers. Sometimes we drive away but don't usually fly away. It's nice to be in the airport with out boys. I'm just sayin'.

Okay, My Oklahoma Observations:

Oklahoma Sooners are BiG fans. By that I mean they love their team and many, many of those fans are BiG guys. Doubt me? Have dinner at a Cracker Barrel and watch them eat. I ordered the same dinner as the young man at the next table except he had his dinner with dumplin's, macaroni & cheese and mashed potatoes.

Oklahoma food is good and plentiful but mostly we noticed it is salty. By the third night I begged Hubby to take me home before my feet exploded.

Oklahoma is windy. All. The. Time.

Oklahoma speed limits are fast. The downtown area was 40-45 MPH, our downtown is 25 mph. Okay, who drives the speed limit? No one! I had to keep asking Hubby to go around again because he had to drive so fast or be rear ended in traffic and I had to look at all those pretty old houses.

Oklahoma people are polite and friendly. Please call me ma'am from now on, I liked it a lot.

We had a nice hotel with a super government rate however; I did not get an upgrade and after two nights of sharing a double bed, Hubby left me for the other bed. He still loves me but that bed was tiny.

On our way home, on Saturday we ran into Sam at the Dallas airport. Our plane was late and our departure gate to Seattle was the same gate for Sam's departure to San Antonio. It was fun to see him and his friends again.

Sam has some cool mates. These guys are devoted to doing well, some have devotions with Sam, some will be lifelong friends and many of them said they read the blog. Some are new U.S. citizens, some are going on to complete the medic program at Fort Sam Houston. I am devoted to praying for each of these soldiers.

A super trip with lots of great memories. Picture is of Sam with the streamers that his platoon won during basic training. His platoon was the honor platoon.

Now Sam is on to reception and then medic training in January. As for me, I am in the laundry room where I belong.

3 comments:

jkluginbill said...

So glad you had a great trip and that Sam is doing so well.

Welcome home.

Janice said...

Maybe you should go see the musical "Oklahoma" now!! I'm sure your week went too fast - how fun you got to meet Sam's friends! Too bad he can't bring them all home to taste your cookin'!

Holly said...

Sam looks great and what a treat to be able to see him in the airport! Glad you're back and looking forward to your laundry update...Did you get it done???