This year Max and I decided to make Italian food. Karen and Shelly rose to the occasion with the appetizer and dessert courses. We had the table set with black, silver, white and my Christmas china. I propped the menu place cards against English crackers. The hats, jokes and prizes are fun for everyone. Although this time some of the jokes were not jokes, which was funny too.
Max and I hit it hard and even took a hot tub break mid afternoon.
We missed Danny last night. Christmas dinner he leaned over and thanked me for teaching him good manners. My guys' manners come from nights like we enjoyed last night.
Last night was the first time I have ever gone from the party straight to bed, left everything on the table and crashed. It's all good, we knocked it out this morning after a good night's rest.
It was such a great holiday evening, loved every minute.
9 comments:
oooooooooo! It was beautiful! What a wonderfully fun tradition!
It was all so wonderful...thank you once again my dear.
Loooove the new layout - wowza - so simple, so pretty!
Gray...oh my lovely lovely gray ;)
looks great! fun times...and dishes can always wait.
The food looks delicious!! And the table fabulous! Could you email me your mailing address? thanks! michelej@accima.com
Robb says it looks like there is a lot of work to do Monday. I think it all looks fantastic.
OH my, the comp for "teaching manners" was the best of the night. What better gift can a parent give to A CHILD? None...michelle
WOW!! That's it...WOW!! Beautiful, stunning, and that dessert looks like it could be on the cover of bon appetit' (sp?)
Now why would you post about the diet/ workout dilemma, when you were about to do this??? By the way, I couldn't comment because I had food in my mouth and both hands!!!1
Followed your link from Tablescaping and really enjoyed visiting your blog space today with so many interesting things to read. Happy New Year's to you and your family.
Just want you to know that Paula and I talked about your famous party while we walked all around Silver Dollar City; We couldn't wait to see what you created and how he table would be set; it was like waiting for the sequile to the Best Novel to come out. It did and of course you Amazed us! Can't wait to see you~
Post a Comment