Friday, December 18, 2009

The Feel of Christmas

Yesterday I went to Seattle Outlet and finished my shopping. Today I baked and baked some more. I am listening to my Johnny Cash Christmas CD. Hubby and I tidied things up. We went over our menus and table settings. Tomorrow we bring in the holly and the ivy, and the cedar too. Max is on Christmas vacation. Sam flew in today from Fort Sam Houston and should be home shortly.

It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas. So, here is a little tour of Christmas at the Stone House.

Thanks to my dear friend Becky, I added some Christmas bling to my dresser.

Speaking of bling, our tree is pretty glitzy. I have shiny brites, actually quite a few. A Christmas favorite for me is to get things done and then stare at my tree, possibly in a stupor from the Christmas crazies...


I found this gem at the thrift store and in the Fall it is filled with pumpkins and nuts, a mini garden in the Spring and for Christmas I filled it with leftover ornaments. I love it because it is like I Spy.


We have a tree in our bedroom and all of the "stocking" shopping bags are under this tree and waiting for Santa.

Jesse and Max are out of school. I made them kool aid last night. Sugar free. Pretty soon there will be a lot of guys around. Sam today, his friends, and Danny comes home on Christmas Day! I am so thankful that I will have all my guys home for the holidays this year.

My famous Holly Basket cookies, it wouldn't be Christmas without them. Sheryl and I started this tradition almost 20 years ago.

Bring it all on, I think I am ready for anything!

5 comments:

Connie said...

Everything Is Beautiful...and the cookies look delicious...have a very 'Merry Christmas'

Dianna said...

I love your front door.

Pollywog Pearls said...

Love them cookies! You have inspired me and the decorating too? Thanks for always having such pretty food to share on your blog. BTW, did you notice that I learned how to put the fun decor on the sides of my blog. Your a great teacher.

Kathi said...

Great pics of the tree. Looking forward to the family party on Tues.-hope you bring some of those cookies!

Janice said...

Love it all - the cookies, the boys, the tree, the bling, ahhhhhhhh Christmas!