*I love the cozy feel of Fall. Last night I made bread to have with our dinner, turned on the furnace and...
Lit some candles. Cozy.
Every year when I take out my Fall decorations I see these feather trees, have no idea what to do with them and put them back in a closet. They were given to me at a tag sale. They look like Fall, but the feathers kinda creep me out. Please give me ideas, tell me they are really cool, tell me to donate them to the thrift store or tell me just how badly you want them for your home. I might give them to you or trash them or use your creative idea for a lovely Fall display.
I was given the best care package and letter for a military mom ever. I hope I can do this for a mom someday.
Treasury of Memories is closing. Old news. I went, saw the line and left. It needs to be more than 20 % off for me to wait in a line for hours. Today it is 40% off. Now they have my attention. The reason I'm not too panicked is that I have several projects in mind and in my house. Stockpiling may be a strong term but I usually do have supplies on hand in case creativity strikes. I think I will miss the TOM girls more than the actual store. They always made my projects look good.
Hubby is off this weekend. Plans are made. The bridge is open and driveway is now accessible. So, I am off to Costco and TOM and Target and the mall.
And when I get home there better be feather tree ideas in my comments!
12 comments:
Ok I have to comment on this one Tami. The feather trees have got to go! Love ya, Shannon
Old fashioned dusting comes to mind!!! I'm with the lady above. Just know that as soon as you get rid of them you'll see them in some home decor mag, try to find them on ebay and have to pay an exorbitant amount for them. Good Luck!!
Well Tammy reminds me of this feather store we used to frequent with my Mom when I was a little girl!! Memories but no ideas of what to do with them.. I would LOVE the recipe for the bread though!!
Hey Tami me again :) Feathers also creep me out, so do birds for that matter. I'd say get rid of them. When ever my son picks up a feather I say "No, put it down, feathers are dirty" My sister Michele can also attest to my phobia :)
Hmmm....the feather trees. Not sure if they go with the decor in the stonehouse. Then again, not sure what decor they fit in with. Shannon just had a birthday.... Maybe you could give them to her. :)
Fall is so beautiful, so cozy... so fun! Love the pics.
Hey . . . I am one of your neighbors and I really don't want to drive by everyday to gaze at your gorgeous house and see those feather trees on your front porch!Just set them by the road with a free sign on them and watch how fast someone thinks they are a treasure! LOL
Better yet - put them out with a sign for $10 bucks and someone will "steal" them real quick!! Stuff with prices "disappear" faster them stuff with "free" on them :-)
I'm afraid I don't have a use for your feather trees either! But I sure love the rest of your fall decorations!
Feathers GROSS me out. Some say I have feather-phobia. They stick in a birds body fro cryin out loud!
Fall decor is very pretty!
I'm definitely agreeing with donate. Those things are creepy.
Okay, I guess I am in the minority, but I LOVE the feather trees!!!!
Post a Comment