Max and I went to the Stockmans' carvin' party this afternoon. Brian and Holly are mid remodel, no carpet yet, so if the pumpkin seeds hit the floor, no biggie. They had a crowd, their daughter Ashley came home from SPU with roommates and of course, their son Tyler, Max's buddy. Perry and Linda and their kids, Max went to grade school with their Fraser and played football with him. We enjoyed chicken soup, rolls and pie for dessert.
Plenty of pumpkins. On the tables, on the front porch, on the back porch and on every fence post-pumpkins!
I happened to be at the table with a very large pumpkin, people looked at it, rolled it over and walked away. It's size was intimidating. Not Ashley. Nope, she saw right from the get go the plumber's butt potential in this pumpkin!
It is not easy putting pants on a pumpkin.
I suggested we call him Joe, like election "Joe the plumber".
{cracked me up}
Pun intended.
Some carve traditional pumpkins and some carved for hours.
Brian decided to carve a likeness of Max. Personally, I feel one Max is plenty. He had to sit very still and model-like.
It was uncanny how much Max and the pumpkin looked alike. Brian is a fast and artsy carver.
Perry, a pilot, carved an airplane. Max carved an iPhone. There were jack-o-lanterns, a crow, an owl, a spider web, team pumpkins, you name it, we carved it.
There may have even been a Stone House pumpkin.
5 comments:
Such "arteests"!!! Impressive, and what fun!
WOW!! Spooky ~ I love it! What great fun that must have been; thanks for letting us enjoy the experience with you. Happy Halloween!
I knew you'd get your post up quickly! I'm just going to do a post directing them to yours and save me the trouble!
Thanks so much for coming, we loved having you here. And that peach pie...amazing!!!
Your pumpking looks adorable! Was Fred totally impressed? at his amazingly, talented wife? I hope so!!!!
thanks for my pretty flower tags too! What can I give myself so that I can attatch a tag to it, without really giving them away? so selfish,I know!!
What fun! You know me and Em were just sitting at home - we SO could've walked over to be the judges (and maybe sample a little food !!)
Wow! Fabulous pumpkins! Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment