Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Tag Sale Anyone?


We are having a yard sale on Friday, maybe Saturday. If you want to think upscale and more like Martha call it a Tag Sale. We'll see how we're holding up on Friday and maybe be open Saturday morning. This a joint venture for Max and Mom. Yesterday we cleaned out the garage, loaded up the carport for our staging area. Tonight, pricing.

I haven't had a sale in years, not sure what possessed me now. No newspaper ads, just signs. That way we can back out if something better comes along.

Old school fish aquariums, vintage hat collection, bikes, clothes, skateboards, you name it, we've got it.

Any words of wisdom? Besides... "Don't Do It!"

8 comments:

Kathi said...

Is the bike in good shape-we need a larger one for Wyatt. Can I pre-shop?

jkluginbill said...

huh...no words of wisdom...you knew what I was going to say! :)

Have fun. Maybe I will stop by and bring your crap to my house to become my crap!

Hugs! (haha)

Becky L. Beck said...

Sorry... we need a bike too... for Jason's senior project.. I want to be 15 minutes before Kathi to preshop and prebid her... lol :)

Tami said...

This is a hot item, Melinda called me too...
I am pricing it online, and doing some research!

Cynthia said...

I'm catching the fever - do I need a bike too?!?!
My advice is to have fun and put on sunscreen. You meet some nice, funny, strange people at garage sales. One year I had one with Bonnie in December and the addicts were thanking us profusely for giving them a "fix" for the winter. Most fun we ever had!

theSNAPsisters said...

No freebies for friends or family! I am going to avoid the stampede.

lyn from MI said...

Jay also needs a bike, but we can't come to pre-shop.......

Charlotte said...

Yikes...I have been gone too long...I missed so much....I see from up above you must be selling off all those hats of yours....and please don't tell me you sold off the souvenir state plates...I saw the cups and saucers but I hope you kept the plates!!