Driving down Highway 111 we noticed the La Quinta Cliffhouse right away. A quaint looking restaurant tucked into the cliff. I checked online and they were owned by the same company as Duke's in Honolulu. It was mentioned online that they too served Hula Pie. So, my guys were in.
One afternoon Hubby and I stopped there for happy hour, we enjoyed a Prickly Pear Margarita and a fish taco. We decided to bring the guys for dinner the next evening.
Many of the Palm Springs restaurants were offering three courses for $30 while we were visiting. Cliff House offered 3 for $24 and wine pairings for $12. This was a super deal and gave us a chance to try out their menu. My sea bass just about made me cry, it was that good. Shelly knows the look I get when food is that good.
Sam had the calamari, a flat iron steak and chocolate mousse. Good choices.
We all enjoyed our 3'fer choices except Max. He's a growing boy. Our server couldn't believe her eyes as they only remember one other guest eating the Hula Pie in its entirety without help. The last guest was someone who came for the pie and had an appetizer to save room. Max had already eaten his 16oz. rib eye steak. I think the woman at the next table is appalled.
I know I was.
Karen, doesn't this pic just bring it all back?
Good trip, good times.
1 comment:
Hi Tami,
Tell us more about this pie. What is in it? Obviously it looked so good I could taste it; just didn't quite know what the tast was. :) Wonder if it was as good as the pie in your fridge? :(
Post a Comment