Wednesday, November 14, 2007

When Reading Becomes Homework

I love to read and choose it over other activities such as watching TV, housework, gardening. I just finished Songs of the Humpback Whale and it was horrible. So why read it? Well, I have read all of Jodi Picoult's books and she is one of my favorite authors. I hadn't read this one and it was the first book she wrote so I thought it was time. Note: I read all magazines from the back to the front too. I kept thinking it would get better, I thought I should read every one of her books, I do not like to be a quitter. Anyway, I think I deserve a party today for finishing that book. I could hardly tell my boys to finish their homework this week as I did not want to do mine! Bottom line-The paragraphs were too long for a speed reader such as myself. If you want to read Jodi's books start with Plain Truth.
I am reading and rereading The Grown Up Girl's Guide to Style! Love her advice for women over 40+. I may even purchase, yes, I said purchase this book. I don't know how to tactfully recommend it to every one of my more mature friends. Watch for the new & improved ME!

1 comment:

jkluginbill said...

Well congrats on finishing the book. You get an A (if we are looking at it as homework)!

I think you deserve a party too! We did have a little lunch party. Does that count?

And I also read magazines from back to front. I think that is how they are suppose to be read! :)