Wednesday, September 10, 2014

A Shower for a Dear Blushing Bride

Michelle and Bryce are getting married in October.  Shelly and I planned a shower for Michelle.  The SherylShellyDoreenTami group and their girls and brave, sweet Mother of the Groom, Kathy gathered on the patio for cocktails on Monday evening.  It is still nice enough in the evening to enjoy some patio time before it cools down. 
 We moved Grandma's chairs to the patio because their fabric is the perfect shades of blush and gold.  
 Shelly and I had everything ready but no guests yet so we snapped some selfies.  Hubby made us a G & T to help us cool down calm down.  We were a little giddy to have the girls come and enjoy the party.
 Here comes the bride... Michelle's dress was a gorgeous blush color with beading.  She sparkled!  Especially when she talks about her groom.  So in love and so pretty.
We served feta and caramelized onion tarts, prawns and water chestnuts wrapped in bacon, and rosemary raisin crackers topped with honeyed chevre and fresh blackberries and then drizzled with more honey.  All served with a blush wine or pink lemonade on ice.
 I love this mother and daughter picture of Sheryl and Michelle.  Bryce and Michelle are moving to Montana so I plan on Mama Sheryl crying into her wine at my house a lot this Fall.
 Michelle with her sisters and her mamas.  That dress!  Sweet fancy Moses it is pretty!
 After cocktails we went inside for dinner.  When you put two dish crazy friends in charge of a bridal shower this happens:
Shelly had the gold and I had the blush.
Since we think of Michelle as our little princess, the crowns were a perfect touch.
I found the velvet leaves in Seattle at Nancy's Sewing Basket.  I love velvet leaves.  I think we should bring them back for corsages.  Corsages with velvet leaves for everyone!
 Shelly and I went to the Heeringa's dahlia farm in the morning to pick the freshest flowers.
 For dinner we served an autumn chop salad with Heidi's Chicken and Rice.  I had shared this recipe with my friends and I knew that the girls love it.
 For dessert we served coffee and ice cream sandwiches.  Toasted coconut cookies with strawberry ice cream, triple ginger cookies with blood orange sorbet and chocolate chip cookies with coffee ice cream.  Small enough so that one of each wasn't too much.
 I don't have a group picture but I did get some small group ones.
And oh my, did we have fun.  And laughed and laughed.  Talked all at the same time and got so excited for the wedding and for Bryce and Michelle.
And that was just Shelly and I setting up and cooking for the shower.
Then the girls showed up and the party really got started.
I'm so blessed to have childhood friends that have shared their daughters with me.  Ooh, it was a good time.
I cannot wait for the wedding day.
Best Wishes, Bryce and Michelle!

2 comments:

Les Hon said...

Oh so lovely! You two put together amazing celebrations!

Janice said...

You can borrow my daughter anytime ;) Lovely and completely and beautiful done down to every tiny detail!!