Around here things are pretty ordinary, normal, just so everyday. And I am really thankful for the mundane.
I ironed all of the summer clothes and put them away this week. Every Fall I have a pile of Summer clothes that need ironing. And honestly, I whinge and moan about it like no tomorrow.
I mentioned needing to iron on Monday and Hubby asked if I hadn't just done it the week before. Uhmmm, no. I just complained about it the week before, I didn't actually DO it. There is always a two week lead time of whining, whinging, complaining etc. prior to actually ironing.
But now it is all caught up. Bring on the jeans and sweaters, which need no ironing. Best part of Fall!
Less time in the laundry room. It's the little things.
A laundry room pic, since that's where I've been this week.
The '57 Aloha walls are stained and now getting a couple coats of shellacy type stuff.
The patio hut, where friends love to gather with us for a meal or a drink in the summer is now a paint station. It's not pretty nor as much fun, but it works.
I've been hogging this book, Happy Homemade Home, from the library. Overdue fines! I may just have to order it and own it. There is a lot of pretty and clever in it.
Hubby and I are getting company this weekend. Our upstairs bedrooms will be full of guests including a young one that may play with Legos. I can't wait to hear that digging through the Lego bin sound. The kids are the ages where they'll love our treat drawer so I plan to fill it. Actually, any age loves our treat drawer. Just ask my brother Ken. I am cleaning and tidying tonight and then tomorrow I hope to do some decorating for autumn and baking with pumpkin.
Sometimes the normal, the chores, the change of seasons, the little things are the biggest blessings.
Enjoy!
1 comment:
I'm with Chris - I'm giddy whenever there's a new post! Love your burlap wreath....did you make it! Because of you I still think....someday I might blog again so I can have a book! Blessings my friend!
Post a Comment