Friday, September 12, 2014

Clever and Creative Campers

Last weekend the Mt Baker Vintage Trailer Rally met at the Lynden Fairgrounds.  Hubby and I met up with the Aloha group on Friday evening.  Ed and Kathy brought their new Rainer, a close cousin to Aloha, for it's first rally.  They did a beautiful job of restoration.  We met so many wonderful people and got some good advice for our restoration project.
 We went to the swap meet on Saturday morning but didn't really find what we were looking for there.  In the afternoon we went to walk through the open trailers.  We needed to check out seams and welt trim.  Exciting stuff.  Trust me, I got sidetracked by pretty.  A lot of pretty.
 In addition to trim we saw a big bucket of creativity.  People that own vintage trailers are some of the most clever and creative people I know.  Very resourceful too.
We saw the most adorable map themed bathroom.  I think I wiped a tear.
 A lace screen door, of course.  The owner had some tips too, starch and lots of it.
 The upholstery in this one was a work of art.  Hey, we have that stove!
 A spice rack that was cute and useful next to the stove.
 Okay, now I need a vintage Life Saver rack for my maps.
 Many of the stoves had covers that when removed could be flipped over and used as a tray to bring dinner out to the picnic table.  There are handles on the sides.  The aqua one pictured above also had a tray cover.
 Vintage Christmas and vintage trailers all in one spot.  That would be my happy place.
 This ice box looks like a brand new Oldsmobile.  
 Ironically, someone turned an old cooler into a gas fire pit.  I wasn't kidding about all of the clever people that own vintage trailers.
 Speaking of clever, how about an old clothes drying rack turned into an outdoor kitchen?
 A fold down tiki bar?  Yes, please.
 I love a corner kitchen and this one was cute.
 This little trailer stole my heart.
We started with our '57 Aloha on a trailer but hope that by next September we can roll right into the Mt. Baker Vintage Rally.  Today, we work on framing the walls.

2 comments:

michele said...

These pics are so cute and fun!!

O' Malley's Outings said...

Loved seeing a picture of our Rainier. Can you believe it...I didn't take a picture. Could you share yours. It was good to meet you and we'll look forward to more news and updates on your own project!

Kathy O'Malley email: ekomalley@hotmail.com