Tuesday, April 2, 2013

He is Risen, Indeed

Last week I was a tad busy.
The museum hosted its annual Docent and Volunteer Dinner on Thursday evening.   Since it was close to Easter I chose a flowery purple theme for the tables.  I took no pictures as the whole thing felt frantic for me.
After we were home from the dinner and the car was unloaded Max arrived home for Easter.
It was so good to see him.  He plopped on the sofa and I plopped right next to him.
Hubby had a four day weekend, Max came home and the sun was shining.  It was a perfect storm.

We painted.  And then we painted some more.  The landing, hall and kitchen are painted.  The doors and trim are painted.  The banister is not.  The walls are a pale cream color and the trim is grey.  The paint cans are out of the kitchen.  The cars got washed, the lawn mowed, weeds got pulled, paint was applied, and the floors got mopped.  

I wanted to have a dozen more Fridays and Saturdays but Saturday rolled into Sunday and Sunday was Easter and it is the best!  I attended a funeral for Janet, my Mom's cousin and dear lifelong friend, on Tuesday.  I thought about Janet during the service and what a special Easter she was having in heaven this year.   Her funeral made Passion Week very meaningful for me.
 After our church service on Easter morning we went to my parents home for Sunday dinner.
 So many Easter egg hunts have involved pretty Easter dresses, parkas and rubber boots in the Pacific Northwest that it felt like a modern day miracle to enjoy sunshine and  warm temperatures on Easter Day.
 Everyone should be lucky enough to have a cute little girl running around wearing a pretty pink skirt and cowboy boots.
 Max and Levi helped hide the eggs and then set themselves up for some action on the bench by the pond.  They each had an egg in their hot little hands.  They spread rumors that they had the  money  eggs.   The kids tried to grab the eggs but of course, Max and Levi were faster and closed their hand over the egg.
Not nice, Lucy! 
 No one tried harder than Clayton.  Clayton makes me pine for the days when my guys were little.  He is just adorable and would be mortified to be called adorable but he is adorable.  I don't want to be known as the crazy old auntie that pinches cheeks but ohhh my, it is tempting with that cutie patootie!
 There were confetti eggs after the hunt.
 It felt so good to be in the sunshine with family.  It was a wonderful day.
Later, I'll post about our field trip that we took Monday.  It was a good thing.  Very good, indeed.

1 comment:

Holly said...

Twas glorious, twasn't it? Such a lovely celebration of the King! You know how to do it right!!!!
Would love to see you again...sometime this year perhaps? lol!