Besides the daily day to day chores, work, and commitments this is what has been happening at Stone House...
Since Hubby and I just happened to have a nice bottle of champagne chilling in the fridge when we got the news of Jessica and Danny's engagement we decided to celebrate. We had bought the rhubarb bitters when we visited Danny and Jess in Michigan so we enjoyed champagne cocktails in their honor. I am just so happy for them. Cheers!
I texted Shelly very last minute on Saturday morning to please go with me to a garage sale in Bellingham. I saw an Evergleam in a photo on a garage sale craigslist ad. I was encouraged by Hubby to go and get that tree! The neighborhood was close to where Danny and I were at a sale where we accidentally ended up in Marietta and we were scared and scarred by what we saw there. Thus, I didn't want to go alone. Shell dropped everything and went with me. Hubby was grateful. He was so happy that I got the Evergleam deluxe 58 branch stainless aluminum 4 foot Christmas tree that he set it up last night and placed it in the sunshine. Oh my! I'm in love! With Hubby and the Evergleam. Each branch was still in it's paper sleeve in mint condition.
justwhatialwayswanted
I found a few other treasures because of of course, since we were out anyway Shell and I made a few more stops. As soon as I get home from junkin' everything gets cleaned and laid out to dry.
Hubby and I have been cleaning up the yard or as I would love to say, the gardens, sniff. That said, it is a yard. The spot along the house, under the fig tree is bursting with blooms right now and I am enjoying this stretch.
I made a little craft project last week for the guest room I had leftover hooks from the master bedroom drapes and was inspired by Grandiflora to use them to make a WELCOME bunting for the guest room. The hooks can be found at Grandiflora along with wallpaper bunting. I used ribbon, paper scraps and the letters were from the $1 bins at Micheal's. I learned how to use a drill (yea me) and finished some other projects in the guest room. One project left to finish and I still need a luggage rack and it will be good for guests.
Max came home for the weekend and so I actually cooked. For him. And I did a mountain of laundry. For him. And I made a pan of Special K Bars. For him. It was great to see Max. I think he grew just a tad. Or I forget that he looks like a man now. Either way, he is all grown up and he makes me happy when he visits.
Today, the sun is shining and I'm getting out the hedge trimmer. Prepping the patio for summertime. I know that makes everyone happy cuz there are lots of good times on our patio.
That's all.
And now, don't you feel all caught up with my mundane little life?
6 comments:
Wait just a minute...I thought you weren't allowed to use hedge trimmers - something about cord slicing?
Yup-all caught up! Congrats on the pending wedding!
Cool tree... What a find! Congrats on the pending wedding... And enjoy week of sunshine ahead!
That tree is FABULOUS! What a lucky find...
~Chris
LOVE your tree...
LOVE the banner...
JEALOUS of your garage sale finds...
And what is that white flower in the pictures? LOVE it too!
Thanks for catching us up...I'm inspired once again!
Post a Comment