We've been painting at the Stone House. Well actually, I've been complaining a lot about painting with a little painting thrown in. It started with the upstairs landing. Here are the BEFORE pictures. These were taken after the Christmas decorations were taken down but not put away. It looked like some crazy hoarder lives here. Be nice.
We ended up getting new doors, new trim around the doors, painting the landing and the kitchen, organizing the closet, the attic and the built in shelves and dresser.
AFTER:
I swapped the desk for one that was in Max's room, Hubby built a new door for the attic access and we continued to paint.
The photo of the doors may not be a great photo but what is significant is that the doors and knobs are all the same now and they are all painted. I kinda love them.
This project went on and on. For too long it went on. I was determined to get control over the weekend. I wrote a weekend to-do list. It was pretty ambitious. On Friday I went to find curtain rods for our bedroom, made some returns in Bellingham, brought a care package to Angela to deliver to Sam and I went to the worst garage sale ever on Friday morning. Ever. Then I baked cookies and mailed Max a care package. Don't worry Danny, you're next!
On Saturday I painted and painted, cleaned and cleaned some more. We had friends over for dinner but they brought the dinner!
Tonight the painting is finished, the paint and tools are put where they belong, the new curtains are hung in the bedroom, which I did Spring clean. The house is clean, the laundry and ironing are caught up. Many, many projects were completed this weekend. Hubby helped today. A lot. He does the hard stuff for me.
I think it's fair to say that we are finished with indoor projects until Fall. Well, at least until we have a rainy week or two.
I didn't make it to the bank or to the Green Barn for groceries. Hubby said he'd go for me tomorrow.
I'm going back to work to get some rest!
5 comments:
Congratulations!!! Quite an accomplishment...and now freedom!
Love how it turned out, and the curtains are perfect!!
It looks great!!! So fresh and great colors. I love your doors too! Very classic with a bit of whimsey! (I'm watching DWTS and I'm in judge mode, hence the whimsey!)
What's next?
Oh, and I really like those curtains!
Oh my gosh, come to Moses Lake! I have little motivation, I am tired of sleeping on my side with this huge pregnant belly, the nursery is not yet a nursery.... :)
Your makeover looks fantastic!!! Your house is beautiful.
It looks fabulous! I've been SLOWLY working on my "landing" upstairs too... but you have been WAY more ambitious than me!
~Chris
PS LOVE the curtains :)
Post a Comment