I'm enjoying a cup of tea this morning, remembering the great time I had in NYC. I love my Starbucks mugs from vacations and great places. I'm also enjoying a glass of emergen-C. I have been drinking one to two a day since September. A month filled with air travel and little sleep, I am on high alert for a cold.
I have the "tiredsorethroatthing" going on right now!
My friends know all about my "tiredsorethroatthing", it freaks me out. It's time to get rest and drink lots of emergen-C to ward off some cruddy sickness. I used one of the vintage stir sticks that I found at the Lynden Craft and Antique Show to mix my emergen-C. I love these old drink stir sticks, and this was a bag full of great ones. I used the glass cobalt blue one this morning, it's from the St. Moritz, On The Park, New York City. A great hotel that was built in the 1930's, the Moritz is now the Ritz Carlton in NYC. I like to imagine going for a drink in these old hotels and restaurants.
I'm am also trying to resist eating a pumpkin bar for breakfast... not easy.
I sent a pan of them to work with Hubby this morning. I should have sent all of them.
I bought a small set of dishes at the show. They're green, they are from England and they were a crazy deal. When I find green dishes I know that I'll use them in the Fall, in the Spring and in the Summer and that I can mix them in at Christmastime. I paid less than 10% of the value I found online. Aren't they pretty?
Honestly, I don't know why I'm justifying dishes to you? I love them and I don't care what anyone thinks.
I received a gift of shiney brites this week. In the box! Max and Kassie found them in Walla Walla and she brought them over to me. I love the shiney brites and the box but what I love even more is that they thought of me and bought me this gift. I really do have thoughtful, great kiddos.
The Lynden Antique and Craft Show is open today until 5:00 p.m. You may want to run down to do a bit of shopping and enjoy the mini donuts.
Have a great weekend :)
3 comments:
I've been thinking about our trip as well. Makes me smile.
Last night we watched CSI-NY. I felt like a part of the show.
I think they shot the views of the city from our balcony.
Um, did you really need another set of dishes?!?
Hi, my name is Tami and I'm a dishaholic.:)
Have a great time in MI.
I love Melinda's dish comment. There's a great 12 step/recovery class at CTK Bham if you think you need it.
On the other hand, what a fine son you've raised to not only go to a place that would possibly have shiny brights, but that he would actually purchase them for you. And not wait til Christmas to give them as his present...or is it early?
I'm going to pretend that everything was his idea...even if Kassie was with him and may or may not have influenced any and all decisions!
Pumpkin bar? yummm, please share the recipe or is it somehwere here already?
Post a Comment