Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Chicken Saltimbocca and Other Random Notes

I ordered Chicken Saltimbocca in New York City. I fell in love.  Now that I am home I've been try to recreate that crazy goodness that I enjoyed in the city.  I have put my own twist on it with a mushroom marsala sauce.  Frankly, it is a crazy good combination.  I should have been Italian.  Saltimbocca means to jump in the mouth.  It kind of makes me want to jump up and down, it is so good.  I'd share the recipe but it's all still in the development stages.  I've made two attempts, so I'm getting there.

I no longer have jet lag, the laundry is caught up, the pile on my desk at work is diminishing so I guess it's time for another trip.  October used to be "get back in the school and football groove", now it's vacation month.  This time I'm going with Hubby to visit Danny and Jess in Michigan.  They have made many plans for us and I can hardly wait to see them.  Really, I'll be home in November, every day.

The rain and Fall season is here and I am loving it!  Nothing beats a rainy Sunday afternoon on the sofa with a good book.  I do miss all of my guys though... I have no one to bake for except Hubby and me.  
I am craving something pumpkin.  Scones, bars, muffins anyone?  I hope to bake this weekend.  And do some Fall decorating.  It will be nice to come back to a Fall decorated house. 

Enjoy the rain!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure Hubby's co-workers would appreciate some baked goods if you really need someone to bake for:)

Holly said...

Your dear, sweet, wonderful friends love your baking too!!! Just sayin'!
I am loving the rainy, fall days...just like you said, great book reading, crafting weather. I'm so happy to have an excuse to not do yard work!
When do you leave? Need anything done at the house?
Need to do a fall tour!