Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Scrapping in the City

 For our New York City Sista's trip we decided to make K&Co Smash books.  They have great pages with journaling prompts and each book comes with a glue stick pen on the side.  The idea is that you just randomly smash in whatever you want.  Maps, ticket stubs, brochures get smashed into the book and then we'll add pictures in when we get home.  Jodi and I are bringing the washi tape, Sharpies and embellishments for everyone.  Karen gave me some great NYC stickers.
 I made treat bags for everyone.  I plan to give them their treats at Sea Tac.  I included some things for their Smash books, gum, mints, snacks, candy and ear plugs.  It was fun for me to put these together.
Nancy gets a bigger treat bag including a Smash book, treats from Lynden, photos of our Grandparents and an ashtray.  Uh, that's a weird hostess gift.  She doesn't smoke...  but in the lower left corner there is an image of a man plowing with his draft horses and that is our Grandpa!  The image is from a postcard.  I am always on the lookout for these ashtrays, mugs, plates and postcards at local thrift stores.  
There is also a white Lynden Plowing Match mug with this image that I love to find.
  
Off we go, flight leaves at 7:00 a.m.

1 comment:

Janice said...

Tonight you come home and I can't wait to hear all the stories and see all the pictures!! What fun memories!