Our cousin, Nancy and her husband Ed are the best. They opened their home and hearts to us. They met us at JFK and took us to their home in Pennsylvania. The first morning we were there Nancy hosted a Sip-n-See for us so we could meet all of her friends. I should have taken pictures.
Nancy's granddaughter, Ava, kept us entertained. She practiced her spelling words for us. I was so impressed, Ava is in the second grade, her words included, because, America, and English.
A sweet, little smarty pants!
We enjoyed some great family dinners. Lissa is in the kitchen helping Nancy prepare dinner. Nancy's kids, Ronnie and Natasha, and Ed's Mom, Jeanette, Nancy and Lissa's brother Aaron and his girlfriend came for dinner. Nancy made delicious dinners.
Ed and Nancy have a wonderful family and we had some great times with them.
Their family suffered a horrible tragedy. Two of Nancy's children died in car accidents within five months of each other. Nancy took us to the cemetery to visit Nate and Jannette's graves. Nancy designed Nate and Jannette's bronze markers. They are beautiful tributes to her children. Today, October 9th, is the anniversary of Nate's death. For me, being able to visit the graves with Nancy was an important part of the trip. To share her grief, give her hugs, and cry with her, it meant so much to me. To stand with her and think about her and her family's grief, to lose two beautiful children so tragically, it took my breath away.
For Nancy and Lissa, life is defined as before the accidents and after the accidents.
I'm grateful to have shared Nancy's grief.
There, but for the grace of God, go I. Nancy is living that everyday.
2 comments:
Tami: I'm so glad you are sharing glimpses of your trip with us who followed you in spirit.
So happy you had the chance to be with your cousins and sistah's.
I love that Nancy allowed you to share her tragedy with us all. The memorials she designed are beautiful and so unique, like her children.Thank her for sharing.
Post a Comment