So, basically I lost a month of my life, at least a month of life at my usual pace. My knee has been repaired but my ROM(range of motion) is still pretty poor. I had a follow up visit to Dr. Thorpe on Friday. He is giving me 4 weeks to rehab myself.
If I can't do it on my own he has said, "then I'll get you a physical terrorist!"
I am pretty motivated for several reasons. I don't want a physical terrorist being one reason and I want my life back being number two. When I look back I am making progress. Still I am horribly impatient.
That said, it's not as easy as you may think to get the ROM back. My quads and calves are screaming.
I have one good day and then a not so good day. I may possibly be overdoing things on the good day and then need a recovery day. It's a vicious cycle!
Speaking of cycles... does anyone have a stationary bike I could borrow?
In the meantime, Max's graduation is June 7th.
Shelly has been making rhubarb punch, Hubby and I made some rhubarb punch.
Hubby has been pressure washing. A job that I normally do because I love it.
I'm planting containers, window boxes and weeding while bending at the waist.
I ordered his pictures.
Max has completed all of his scholarship applications. He did a fantastic job of writing essays.
I have a ton of lists written. Not sure who is going to carry out the lists but they are written.
You may remember that Max doesn't have a baby book or a scrap book. No, I'm not taking that on prior to June 6, his party date. I am doing something fun with photos though. I have it set up in the laundry room. When I go to flip a load of laundry I quickly work on this project for 5 minutes each load. It's working.
Max has a good start on his Senior Presentation, which is Monday. He's taking care of that and I am not one bit worried that he'll do well.
Danny finished his winter semester at Grand Valley State University with A's. Lots and lots of A's!
He had a heavy class load this semester so I am particularly proud of him.
Nicely done, kiddo! GVU has Fall and Winter semesters and then short Spring and Summer sessions. Danny has the Summer session and Fall semester with an internship and then he is graduating.
Sam started deployment classes and getting his shots this week. He's been told that he isn't going to Afghanistan however; all of the signs are that he will deploy.
He wants to go. I do not want him to go.
We are praying for different outcomes.
Either way, our Father in heaven has this all planned out for Sam.
4 comments:
Hey there Tami,
I just read your post about your rehab. I had total knee replacement on March 7 of this year and I have been working hard on my range of motion but then again I had surgery at 2:30 in the afternoon and the next day they had me up and asking me to bend it!! I could go to 116 and now I'm at 128. All I can say is DO what they tell you and more. yes it hurts like mad but you are going to be sorry later if you don't push youself hard now.........be encouraged and if you need a cheerleader and not the terorist give me a call. I have Dr Thorp to and he has been a gem!!
Karen Bovee
It's frustrating to lose all that time isn't it?! I know how determined you can be so I have no doubt the terrorist won't be called in!
Lots of things happening at your house! I think of you as a "master supervisor"!!! Just keep cracking that whip!!!
Congrats to Danny and Max for getting things done and done well. Will be praying for Sam and you both. There must be a compromise...like maybe deployed to Fort Lewis?!
Hi Tami. Haven't stopped by your blog in awhile and thought I'd say hi :) Sorry about your knee. I will pray for healing. I will also pray for Sam and whatever is "next" for him. This is our 4th deployment, and it never gets easy!
Also I wanted to tell you how delighted I was when I saw the JSB pictures. The girls have long dresses!!!! I assume the Christian school has some rules about this. I have been seeing the latest prom fashions and I always pray that the style will change back to long gowns when Estelle is in high school :)
Take care!
Keep workin' it - we miss you at boot camp.
Have a great Mother's Day weekend!
Post a Comment