Today was my last school lunch, ever and forever. Our school doesn't have a hot lunch program.
My guys were blessed to have our friend Karen working at the high school. She made her son and our sons and their friends meatball subs for hot lunch several times a year.
She had themed tables, homemade desserts and gave them a chance to get a break from a cold sandwich, which also gave me a break.
Today Hubby and I brought hot lunch for Max and his friends. Karen told me what I would need and set a graduation party table. Meatball subs are the guys' favorite and super easy, and I made chocolate chip cookies and Special K bars. We had pop, chips and candy too.
Each of these kids has been so blessed to have Karen aka Mrs. H at school. She makes it happen with career counseling, class scheduling and making kids feel special.
I got the stink eye from Max for taking pictures. I don't care. I'll snap if I want to. It was really hard to get a picture where someone wasn't taking a bite. I tried, I really did, but meatball subs are big and messy.
A good group of friends ready to take on the world. I'm so excited for them!
1 comment:
I know a few of them - all good kids! Welcome to the wind down of high school and on to the next stage of life...........empty nest!! (ours isn't far off!)
Post a Comment