Friday, June 3, 2016

So Retirement is Fun

 My dear friends at the museum gave me a really nice going away party.
As I left I noticed that my docents were looking for places to write their names into the schedule.
I am so proud of them for easing Jenna into the job. Obviously, I trained them to be good docents and to be kind.
 Jerrie walked me out to my car with a plethora of cards and gifts.
 I went home to my patio and made a few lists of what is next.
 Hubby took me out for a wonderful evening at Anthony's where we had the perfect table, a yummy dinner and great conversation.
This morning Shelly is picking me up for a road trip to her cabin in Winthrop.
So yes, I have eased right into retirement with a lot fun.
I hope you didn't expect any less from me.

It's not all play though.  The living room is spring cleaned, the ivy is trimmed, the lawn is mowed and I got on the freeway with Huaka'i Annie yesterday.  It was a successful driving lesson, from hitching up to backing up.

Happy Trails!

2 comments:

Janice said...

Thata girl! You represent well! We are all dreaming of that goal.... Living through you for now!

Les Hon said...

Huaka'i Annie on the freeway? You rock!