My friend Shelly and I took a road trip last week to Winthrop to see another friend, Jean.
Shelly and I made a lot of stops on the way, garage sales, a flea market, a new to me camping spot.
If we see a grange or a church for sale we hit the brakes, a fixer upper, screeching stop. Ice cream at a cute farm, STOP.
Obviously, it takes us a long time to get anywhere. I was asking, are we there yet? when we saw the sign Winthrop 96 miles.
We eventually got to Shelly's cabin.
Brad and Roz stopped by and we had a fun visit with them. The kids are going to be married 30 years soon, I begged them to have a party because their wedding was so much fun.
Next stop was Pine Near RV Park to visit with Jean and meet some of the other SOTF.
We planned to bring a strawberry pie and proseco to enjoy with Jean. Shelly found the silver ice bucket at a garage sale on our road trip so we put it to good use.
The pie was too big for the three of us so we invited the neighbors. If you want to make friends while camping, show up with a pie.
Jean towed her trailer, Joybug to Winthrop.
Joybug got a complete re-do from Jean and her husband, Steve. They did a fabulous job! Joybug is little but has everything Jean needs on her solo trips.
It was a fun girls' trip, with shopping, laughing, good conversation, sunshine and a lot of creative energy.
Later I'll share what I learned on the trip.

No comments:
Post a Comment