Last week was the museum's annual open house. I had great help, in fact, close to 50 helpers. This includes actors, spinners, weavers, historians, bakers, wood turners and carvers, musicians, and kitchen help. It takes a village. The community came by the hundreds. Open House 2015 was a success and is now in the books for another year . Thank you to all of my participants! Every year I think that after the open house I'll catch my breath and every year the Christmas season begins the week after open house. On Tuesday, after putting things back in the closet from open house, a large shipment of playmobil arrived. On Wednesday, I almost had the playmobil on the shelves when another large shipment of toys arrived. Christmas comes early in retail. Ready or not!
Yesterday Christmas came early for me. Michelle stopped by the museum with a sweet gift for me. Michelle and her Mom, Carla, spotted this gem and decided I needed it. Oooh, I love presents for no good reason, I love the tray and I love those ladies for thinking of moi.
In other trailer news, yesterday I got my Sisters on the Fly official number. Huaka'i Annie and I are now registered and all official like, pretty much a big deal. Close friends know that I'm not a clubjoiningkindofgirl. Most clubs have rules and I am not a fan of rules. Well, unless I'm the one making the rules. ;) However... I had such a nice invitation from Rene and Jean that I couldn't resist joining SOTF. There are a few rules such as no husbands, no kids, no pets and be nice. And to have more fun than anyone! Rene and Jean are a lot of fun so I'm thinking that last rule is very doable for me. The no Hubby rule is the hard rule for me. I'm going to need driving lessons. I haven't had experience towing a trailer. Good thing Hubby has patience. My biggest fear is that I'll forget it's back there. I'm already signed up for an outing in June at the Fly J Ranch.
Giddy Up!
This weekend looks to be fun and busy, in a good way. It's our Annual Pumpkin Carving Party. It gets caps cuz it is an official event and a long standing tradition. I have two new recipes and some of the old favorites to whip up. If the new recipes are good I'll share them next week on the blog.
On Friday morning I am reuniting with my junkin' gals to attend a barn sale. We are taking the truck so there are no limits on junk. Woot! I am pretty sure there are pieces for our next project in that barn.
On Saturday morning Hubby and I are going to an estate sale. I've seen the preview and there is one really tacky vintage Christmas piece that I need. Badly. Cuz enough is never enough. And that my friends, is the best junkin' rule ever.
The other thing I need is a win from the Seahawks tonight. Don't we all? Hubby asked what I was wearing today. Uhmmm, that's a weird question. It was his way of reminding me that it's Blue Thursday. I consistently forget to wear Seahawks gear on Thursday game days. I'm so happy Hubby reminded me cuz I am just sure we'll get a win if I wear blue today.
Every night this week I have made dinner. like a real planned meal. We are only three nights into the week but still that's pretty good. Not just a quick omelet or grilled cheese but homemade soup, pork roast with all of the fixin's (thank you V & S for the delicious applesauce), dips with homemade au jus. Pretty impressive. Since the guys grew up and left town I have slacked off on the cooking. I still make dinner it's just usually a last minute deal. This is some serious meal planning like the good old days. Hubby has been pleasantly surprised. He is also very suspicious as to why I've been cooking. No reason, honey. I'm just uppin' my game. No ulterior motive here. Really. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment