Thursday, January 22, 2015

It's All Good

It's pretty quiet here at the Stone House.  We spent three nights in Seattle last week.  Hubby went with me to the Seattle Gift Show to buy for the museum gift shop.  Honestly, there isn't much new in the retail world.  Some years everything seems fresh and new and some years it feels a little flat.  
I think the mounted sheep is disturbing but it's the only photo I took so there you go.  The wool felted wreath was pretty in real life.  I did pick up a few new lines.

We had dinner at Dahlia's, a Tom Douglas restaurant, that has been on my list for a long time.  The crab cakes were delish and the homemade donuts for dessert are pretty tasty.  We had an extra night in the city following my work at the show so we had some fun exploring the city.

It's always great to be in Seattle when the Seahawks are in the playoffs.  There is a lot of blue and green and many, many fans.  We had planned to watch the game close to the Clink but after walking for miles on Saturday, in the pouring rain, we changed our minds. We found a good spot, at UVill for the game of a lifetime.
Hubby and I watched the game again on Tuesday evening and I was so nervous.  AGAIN.  
Calm down, this turns out fine.  Mighty fine, indeed!
This week it's work, a church meeting, laundry, and closets to clean.

Yeah, not much here, not much to write about on the blog.
But all's well.
It's one of my favorite weeks of the year.  Christmas decor is put away, house is fairly tidy and I haven't felt pressure to start working on taxes.  It's a good week to read a book, clean a closet, and relax.
And Hubby and I have the same weekend.  Which officially begins tonight at 5:00 p.m.
Cheers!

1 comment:

Les Hon said...

Hope you enjoy a book this weekend, and get the reading bug again! :)