I finished reading I'll be Seeing You by Suzanne Hayes and Loretta Nyhan this weekend. The authors wrote the book via emails. When the book went to be published they still had not met each other. I think that added some depth to the story as the characters in the story hadn't met each other either. I had a pen pal when I was growing up and later we met. There is something lost in the emails and texts that fly around in today's world. Anyway, I enjoyed the story and I look forward to the authors next book.
On Saturday I did some junkin' with Chris and Shelly. It is very difficult for me to ask a seller if they have any wiggle room on a price. If someone tells me no it takes me months to get over it and try again.
I found eight place settings of Gorham's 1929 Beaumont silverware (stainless not solid silver) in a thrift store. I kept going back to look at it. I decided to have a conversation with the shop keeper about the price. Oh my, it makes me uncomfortable, but I did it! He came down, I came up, we agreed on a price. Any guesses?
Do you ask dealers if they have wiggle room on their price? Painful subject.
I love the silverware more every time I look at it. It came without a monogram but was designed to be monogrammed. I definitely want to get it monogrammed. I'm guessing the monogramming will cost more than the actual silverware. Oh well...
I also bought a brand new Rowenta iron at an estate sale. I go through irons and love the thought of a back up iron. I actually iron, as does Hubby. Remember, he's the guy that irons our sheets when I have a bad cold. The receipt from the Bon Marche was in the box, $89.99. I paid $5.00.
Isn't junkin' fun?
We are very busy with projects here at the Stone House. At this point I think we need to stop. The home tour is December 7, gulp. I just keep finding more to do and I should just start cleaning and putting up the Christmas decorations. I'm starting to have nightmares where I am not ready and people are showing up.
1 comment:
I love my Rowenta! Mine came with that big price tag, however!!!
Yes...it's time to put up the decor!!!! I'm so excited to see all of your lovely homes...and to visit with you again when you're not so busy!!!!
Post a Comment