Oh Pinterest! I love thee.
While there are many, many lovely ideas on Pinterest, there are some ideas that just do not work. And there is only one way to find out which Pins actually work, trial and error, my friends.
I decided to bleach Christmas trees last evening. I had two ziploc bags full of trees that I had picked up at garage sales. Pinterest gave instructions to place the trees in a container of bleach and Ta Da they turn to a lovely vintage white. Or a sickly green. Or a peachy orange.
Or hopefully, a pretty winter white. Unfortunately, there is no way to predict the outcome.
Have you had any Pinterest fail or Pinterest success lately?
The fact that I am bleaching trees is beside the point and totally WaCkO as I have many more things that need to be finished here at the Stone House. I know. I. Know.
6 comments:
I kinda like the sickly green ;-)
Oh wow. Would you do it again?
Michele- I would. Just know that some do not exactly turn out white. I have a few to lose so I'll try again.
Martha Stewart herself would be amazed at your ingenuity! :) Go baby!
My latest Pinterest success was making a king sized headboard using a hollow core door, batting, painters canvas drop cloth and some drawer pulls. Did the whole project in less than two hours, for less than $100 and the finished product rivals the $799.00 counterpart at Samuel's.
I think your trees look great. Who thinks of this stuff?!
Spray flock. That's all I have to say about that!!
Except for "thank you" for trying the things that we all pin and don't get around to so we know which ones work and which ones don't!
Post a Comment