On Saturday I went to Island Chicks in Anacortes with Shelly and Karen. It was a beautiful show and we had buckets of fun. We shopped, lunched, snacked and shopped some more. And most importantly, we left inspired by the show. I was also inspired by my friends to purchased a tutu. We stopped at the Pearl Button, crammed into one dressing room, and decided we were tired of our boring wardrobes.
Things got a little crazy...
The necklace worn by the dress form was tiny rolls of sheet music, threaded and then the ends were dipped in German glass glitter. I want to make 3 yards for a garland but I do know that time is running out. Honestly, I don't even know where I would put it but it was pretty.
We made one last stop at Marshalls, where I was tempted to purchase the over sized champagne bucket. I love the shape of champagne buckets and this one was a beauty. But sometimes a girl has to walk away. Shelly was a tad excited for me.
The *Home for the Holidays Tour is quickly approaching. We are living in a very messy house with piles of Christmas covering every surface. Work in progress, for sure. I am trying to take good care of Hubby and I because a cold or flu would be fairly catastrophic at this point.
Thursday evening is the museum gift shop open house and sale. It will be a fun evening with a great sale. Really, our best ever, so invite your friends and come to see me. I might wear my tutu...
*Tour is December 7, 1-5 p.m. Tickets ($20) are available at Colony House and Grandiflora in Lynden.
I'll post more details later.
1 comment:
Looks like fun times were had by all!! I'm so excited for the home tour and to see all your loveliness!
I have one tree up-not decorated, and I have all the fall piled in one place so I can get busy. Except I think I need to clean my carpets. And I don't want to. So I got on the computer instead of doing anything productive. This is my life.
Post a Comment