Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Hiking, Field Trips and a Recipe

This past Friday morning some of the gals from boot camp went up to Bryce Creek to visit and do some hiking.  Bryce Creek is a beautiful spot in the mountains.  Lisa was camping up there and she was the hostess with the mostess, even while camping.
She made us iced lattes without electrical power or an espresso maker.
Her secret was the cold brewed espresso by Cascade Valley Blends.  It's sold at our Cash and Carry.
 While junking on Saturday we made a stop to pick up our own cold brewed espresso.  It turns out that Shelly hadn't been to Cash and Carry before so it turned into a tour by Karen and myself.  We showed her all of our favorites at Cash and Carry, including our new favorite cold brew.

Iced Latte Recipe

 Fill one large glass with ice, add a shot or two of espresso, fill glass with milk(I prefer skim, Hubby 2%) and add 2 T. of your favorite flavor.  Lisa also had chocolate and caramel syrups to add.
 The lattes are a great summertime afternoon pick me up treat.  And an easy peasy camping treat.
Enjoy!

1 comment:

Janice said...

I am so thankful YOU still blog! Seriously - would be rough without this little bright spot in my life! And NOW - this cold brew?!?! I go to C&C weekly for Mrs B's so I'll be picking that up pronto! Miss you - hoping I can squeeze a patio afternoon in with the girls. Seriously going to do some scrappin this fall!!