Friday, July 5, 2013

Early Soiree on the Patio

 Chris enjoyed a milestone birthday in June and since I love any excuse for a party, on Wednesday afternoon I had the girls over for a small patio party.  Since it was the late afternoon before a holiday it felt a bit like a pre-func party.  That time before a holiday where you know you have a long weekend coming up, that time before you have to get your game on and feed the world(especially true for moms), that time when you know the sun will be shining for the holiday.  Definitely a time of anticipation!
There were gifts for the birthday girl, delicious food, cold drinks, good conversation and a lot of laughter.  
And Shelly brought her shrimp.  Enough said.
I need to do this more, get together with other women, enjoy their company and relax.
Like the ad where the little girl is rambling on about wanting more.  
"And then we want more, cuz  more  is  more  and  more  is better."
I couldn't agree more.

3 comments:

Holly said...

So much fun...and last night too! What an incredible hostess you are!

Let's do it some more!!

Chris Kenner said...

What a great afternoon/evening.... Thanks so much for hosting, Tami! You are the hostess with the mostess..... just like the AT&T ad... because more is better.... and we want more, and more.... we really like it.. we want more :)

Janice said...

Um - ok that group pic looks like a group of freinds on the left a couple friends on the right.......and oh ya, that's "her" in the middle!? Sad - really sad :) No one makes a patio more heavenly then you my dear! I really want to invite y'all to my patio next!!