Monday, March 4, 2013

Projects

Unfinished projects make me crazy.  I am making a conscious effort to finish projects this year.  Honestly, it's painful.  I started a paper project in December and then Christmas came quickly.  The letters got stuffed in a bag and left in the laundry room.  After tripping over it one too many times last week I decided to finish it.   It was so tempting to shove it into the attic and face it next December but I made myself finish it.
It's brought me PEACE.  Now it is carefully wrapped and ready with the other Christmas decorations.  I know I will be happy next holiday season when I come across this project.
 The PEACE project is for the landing.  The landing has turned into a big project.  Hubby is installing the doors.  In an old stone house nothing is straight.  The floors slant, the doorways are all different sizes.  Hubby is frustrated.   Last week I was sorry we'd even started this project, however; I went upstairs and the two doors that are in place look fantastic.  My inner project girl squealed.  It will be worth it.  The project is going to take some time but I think we are going to be happy with the results.
Projects ALWAYS  take more money and time in the end.  It's a given, one that I consistently forget in the beginning and planning stages of a new project.  The thrill of a new project sucks me in every time.  
The after picture is the goal.  The accomplishment of making things better in our home is the goal.
It's the in between part that really is messy and stressful.
Since I can't paint upstairs until the doors are set, I plan to Spring clean the laundry room today.
It seems like an inexpensive project.  A productive, simple project that I can finish in a day!

That said...
What would happen if we moved the freezer out of the laundry room?  Into the back porch(unfinished space)? $$$$  That involves an electrician. $$$  Do I need new rugs in the laundry room?  $$   Should I paint the door? $  There is trim that isn't finished. $$  Maybe an Ikea trip to organize everything? $$$  How about some beverage containers for the bleach and vinegar?  $$

So it goes.

1 comment:

Holly said...

I'm glad you have some "PEACE" now! It turned out really nicely!
I know what you mean about the projects...I get all these ideas and Brian starts to implement them and I panic!!! Oh no! What have we done? How long will it take? Will we ever finish? etc., etc..!

So it goes!